We are a 175,000 square-foot multi-temperature freezer/cooler, USDA + AIB certified with more than 50 refrigerated cross dock doors.
Meat and Poultry
Summit Cold Storage
Summit Cold Storage, Inc. is a full service public cold storage warehouse and logistics operation in Summit, IL, an ideal location for customers interested in accessing the Midwest Market. We are located right off Interstate 55 and First Avenue, with easy access to Interstates 90, 94 and 294.
AIB Rating Excellent 935 out of 1,000 Certified January 2012
Summit Cold Storage, Inc. Services: We are proud to offer the following services to our customers. If there are any services not listed please call us for further inquiries.
- Modern racked storage facility maintaining products from -10F to +45F.
- Refrigerated Docks are designed to allow products to be easily staged, while ensuring product integrity. All loading docks are equipped with insulated doors and mechanical dock levelers allowing us to maintain a temperature of 40F-45F.
- Extended Shipping/Receiving hours:
- 8AM - 1AM, Monday thru Friday
- Special hours Saturday + Emergencies (by appointment)
- Sunday hours after 5PM (by appointment)
- For any hours not listed above please call for further detail and special requests
- SCS utilizes a web inventory access program giving our customers real-time access to their product inventories.
- 175,000 SQ FT total Freezer and Cooler storage space.
USDA Approved Meat and Poultry Establishment
- USDA establishment #20744
- Summit utilizes multiple designated boxing rooms to accommodate extremely high volumes of boxing requests to ensure that no customer has to wait or is ever turned down.
- Government approved trimming and spreading operations.
- Summit Cold Storage has become an expert in the export division equipped to export to all FSIS accepted countries.
- USDA approved inspection facility
- This facility offers U.S. Department of Agriculture inspection services with a full-time inspector on-site required for exporting. Working directly with our assigned inspector this facility can handle the entire process including the stamping of products with USDA approved stamps, all required documentation, signatures, floor loading and proper seals.
- Whether you are looking to store for an extended amount of time or merely cross-dock your export SCS has the abilities to accommodate quickly and issue free.
Blast Freezing Capabilities
- With over 120 pallet positions of space available. Our true blast freezing capacities give our customers the flexibility to freeze products thoroughly at an extremely accelerated rate. Allowing for fast turnaround times and time-sensitive shipments/exports.
- Our facility is equiped with 24/7 Video Surveillance and gated entries with Security Personel.
On Site Back-up Diesel Generator
Our facility is equipped with a Diesel back-up generator, in case of any prolonged power outages. Within 3 minutes of power outage, the building will automatically switch to generator power.
Other services include but not limited to
To accommodate all company sizes from small local business to large international companies we are equipped to process orders from full pallet truckloads down to a single case.
- Cross-Dock / Trans-loading
- Floor loading / Unloading
- Take Weights
- Labeling / Stamping
- Pallet Exchange
- Slip-sheet loading / Unloading
We offer cost effective capacity that can move your goods to market whether across town or across the country with the service you need to meet your commitments. Our focus on carrier development helps us deliver the capacity and service you need at the best value. Logistics is not merely shipping & receiving, its end-to-end supply-chain management. At SCS & JKC Trucking, we believe that going the extra mile to make sure the entire supply-chain works to your advantage will provide a long-term, healthy relationship.
- SCS is a subsidiary of JKC Trucking which operates out of the same facility location to provide our customers with a hassle free option for local pickup and deliveries as well as nationwide deliveries.
- JKC has 2 West Coast terminals in Santa Fe Springs, CA and Stockton, CA.
- Further details on JKC Trucking please follow the link www.jkctrucking.com
Summit Cold Storage, Inc.5450 S Center Avenue
Summit, IL 60501
Tel (708) 924-1137
Fax (708) 924-1142
View Larger Map
Established in 1999
Summit Cold Storage was custom built to service Chicago land as a Full Service Public refrigerated warehouse & Corporate headquarters of JKC Trucking Inc. Summit Cold became directly an AIB & USDA Certified warehouse. Extended hours of operation Monday-Friday 8:00 AM to 1:00 AM (Weekend hours available by appointment only) No other Public Cold Storages in Chicago land operate such long hours.
Summit Cold Storage has been Family-owned since its origination, and continues to hold the same values of the company founder "John Kucharski". We have grown the old-fashioned way, with hard work every day and internal focus. Summit Cold is always trying to stay ahead of the curve and think outside the box. Our belief is "Progress in any direction is progress in every direction".
Summit Cold Provides top of the line ammonia refrigeration and distribution services to major retail food service and food distribution companies; serving customers Big & Small who put a premium on excellence and reliability at all points in the supply chain. Summit Cold Storage is always updating and investing in our facility and our future.
SCS is to help clients grow their businesses in the marketplace. Knowledge is profit; we're in the information business-first. Whether your question is about availability, quality, pricing, logistics or Imports & Exports. Our staff will deliver accurate, timely information that you will come to rely on; Our Mission equals your livelihood.
Always give the customers more than they expect.
SCS is committed to keeping a Safe & Clean environment to store & distribute any and all food products.
(708) 924-1137 ext. 278
(708) 924-1137 Ext. 201
(708) 924-1137 Ext. 286
Director of Sales
(708) 924-1137 Ext. 283
(708) 924-1137 Ext. 242
Inventory Control - Export
(708) 924-1137 Ext. 273
(708) 924-1137 Ext. 240